Wednesday, December 9, 2015

"Oh, le queda poco!"

New Area
I sent you a picture of my lovely new area. My companion is Hna Alderete from Argentina. She is 27 years old, so that's crazy, but we can bond over our wrinkles. Also, she speaks Spanish like a pro, so hopefully Mama and Papa will actually understand my Spanish when they hear me.

The sector is a bomb just waiting to explode with amazing people who just want to follow Jesus Christ! Hna Alderete's previous companion went home for her health, so they were unable to work the area for 4 of the 6 weeks that Hna Alderete was here. That basically means that this is like a white-wash, round 2 and it's been a lot of fun! I will definitely try to get a more substantial email out next week. I'm so sorry, again.

Everyone I've talked to here asks me how much time I have left on the mission...when I answer, it's always followed by, "Oh, le queda poco!" aka "You only have a little bit left!" I've been feeling that lately. The time that the Lord has given me to serve Him 24/7 is extremely short and so precious to me. Oftentimes, the Spirit whispers to me of the sacredness of what I'm doing here. This week, I have had many of those moments. Those feelings have given way to an even more beautiful realization: throughout my mission and my life, I have chosen to be a disciple of Jesus Christ. That is so much more than wearing a name-tag.
New Companion and New Apartment

I know that my Savior lives. I know that. I know that this is His Church and nothing can ever change that. I know that Jesus Christ is the light of the world. He casts out all darkness, if we left Him. I'm thankful for the opportunity to serve Him here, but you all have the same opportunity. The darkness is casts out, not just by sharing the gospel, but by changing to become like Him. That is where all happiness I have comes from.

View from Last Apartment...so from here to the above.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment