Monday, June 15, 2015

I changed it to meekness...

So, I don't know if you guys heard about my study of humility, but I changed it to meekness...I'm not meek and I think I'm the furthest thing from a child. I've been thinking about it a lot and I am so grateful to have 8 younger siblings. What a blessing!! As I read the words of the Savior, urging us to become as children, I found myself extremely thankful for the example of my younger siblings. How would I even know what it means to be like a child without you guys?!
Things the Savior wants from Hermana Aponte:
- Service that generates from pure love. Sam, thanks for giving Brother Simpson (our blind home teacher) a flashlight to help him see. You are an example of pure love. 
- A burning desire to learn and change to become like Him. Thank you Abe, for always asking why or how or what. Sometimes it's crazy, but thanks for always looking to learn from the people around you.
- Showing love freely. Jacqueline, I don't know anyone that gives out love the way you do. You are always handing out compliments and trying to lift those around you. You have taught me that love isn't something I say, it's something I do.
- Quick to seek help and strength from others. Ella, thank you for always letting your parents and siblings help you to learn and grow. It takes real humility to be able to do that.
- More focused on people than problems. Jaz, you've always done this. You see everyone as they are and who they have the potential to become. Thanks for seeing me that way.
- See the good things, even when it's hard. Rick, you have been an example of this for me many times in my life. Keep doing it. A lot of times, when I had a rough day, you've helped me to smile and not take myself so seriously.
- Trust in Him completely. Jake, I don't know how to explain this one. Remember that time you sat me down to share a spiritual experience you had at EFY? You trust the Lord and that conversation gave me the strength to trust Him enough to be here.
- Trust those who want to help me. Liv, you're a little angel. Thanks for always letting us help you learn and grow. Thanks for never questioning why we ask you to do things or not do things. Thanks for trusting in our love for you.

Thank you for being examples to me. These things help me to be better everyday here in the mission. I hope to be like you guys when I grow up.

Love,
Omi

No comments:

Post a Comment