Tuesday, May 26, 2015

How sad is that??

My dear sweet family,
 I already feel bad because I just know that this email will not be all you hope and dream it is. Mostly because I can't type as fast because my fingers are practically frozen. Ma and Pa, don't cry about that because I'm buying gloves today! All is well!

Can someone please ask brother Clary where he served? I just need to know. Also, Tiffany Clark, if anyone gets the chance. 

Bueno, Carlos hijo is getting baptized this week and he's just super excited! He also started going to institute this week and that just makes our hearts super happy. This family. I just can't even explain the love.

We met this lady, Fransisca, this week. We contacted her by knocking on her door, which we don't actually do in this mission, so that was crazy. Really, we just needed her to open the gate for us, but we got to chatting and it turns out that she has friends who are members! She let us come in and we got to know her a little better. She's Catholic and has 2 kids. She knows a bit about the church and said that basically the only difference is that we believe our families will be together forever. She told us that they don't believe in life after death and my heart broke in pieces. How sad is that?? She believes in God and that He is our Father, yet He has no plan for us. There is really no purpose to having a family, according to that belief. But, we had a SUPER GREAT lesson with her about eternal families and the plan of salvation and in the end, she was like "I really hope this is true." And she said she would pray and ask if it is and we're going back!


This week we have focused so much on sharing with people that God is our loving Heavenly Father. That really makes all the difference in my life. I intensely studied Moses 1:39 this week and I encourage you all to do the same! Understanding the purpose of our Heavenly Father is what gives me purpose and hope in this life. He is our FATHER!!!! What does that even mean?? It means that He LOVES us and that He has a perfect plan for our happiness.

This week I read a talk called "From the Beginning" by Elder Maxwell. In it, he quotes from something called "A Godless Universe" or something like that. I just read that title and I've never been so traumatized in my whole life! I cried from the agony haha I read that and it was the weirdest feeling...my spirit cried out against that statement. I really don't know how else to describe it, so I'm sorry if that sounds super dramatic. Así fue. Any doubt my little mind could have was shut down my spirit child of God testifying of who I am and who He is. Romans 18:16-17...the Spirit testifies of who we are. Knowing that I am a child of God and understanding what that means has changed me. It has changed how I see the world and everyone around me. 


Ice cream date with President and Hermana Wright
after a training for Hermana Leaders :)
LOVE THESE GUYS with all my heart!
My patriarchal blessing says that I will have a prfound understanding of the plan of happiness that Heavenly Father has for us and I am seeing that more and more on my mission. I don't know how much I understand, but I do know that it's true. I know that I am a daughter of God and so are you all. It makes all the difference. Please take some time to ponder what that means! It means He is fighting for you all the time. It means EVERYTHING He does is for us. He has no other hobbies or things to worry about---it's ALL ABOUT US. He loves us and He is always waiting to help us. We need to seek Him. I'm so grateful for that knowledge that I've had my whole life: I am a child of God. Don't doubt His love and don't doubt His mercy. He did not send us here and say "Good luck!" His very purpose is helping us succeed. I know that is true.

We met this kid, (name removed) this week. His dad is an alcoholic guy who contacted us in the street and asked us to visit his 13-year-old son, so we did. This poor kid suffers a lot because of the decisions of the people around him. He's such a good kid, though. He asked us: "Do I have a destiny or do I choose it?" We told him that he's a child of God, so he does have a beautiful destiny, but he has to choose it. God lets us choose to be happy. What an incredible gesture of love. 


Zona de Alicahue, but this picture is old...our Zone has changed!
I just had to look down to see if my fingers are still there, so I think that's a sign that it's time to peace out! I'm sorry it's short and I'm sorry if it's lame, but that's all Hermana Aponster's got for this week! I LOVE YOU GUYS!!!!! 

I love you guys!

Love,
Nahio


No comments:

Post a Comment