Monday, March 2, 2015

My heart was crushed...

Holita to everyone!!

We visited the public library 
I hope the floors are brand-spanking-new and that you're all home, enjoying your own beds. I know mom is probably super happy, but not Sam. He loves staying in hotels too much. 
Ricky, congrats on your team making it to state this year!! You have to write me and tell me all about it! What did you swim and how did it go?
Jake, I'm anxiously awaiting the e-mail and pictures about your eagle project in Guatemala! Send it to me! Just do it.
Jamie, I LOVE YOU. That's all.
Jaz, how can it be that you are turning 18 next week?! I tell everyone and they all feel the pain with me. It just can't be. I hope it's great!! You will hear more from me next week :)
Mom and Pa, GOOD LUCK speaking at the U.N!!! I am praying that you guys will have the guidance of the Spirit to do so. Remember, He knows all things. You can count on Him to help you in this, too! I am so proud of my beautiful family! You guys are great! How lucky am I to be an Aponte?!

Everyone is starting to come back from vacation, so the angels are high-fiving in the heavens. I'm 100% sure of it! This week we started teaching Eduardo and Cataleena, again! THEY ARE GREAT! I told you guys about them; the young couple with 2 kids who remind me of mom and pa. They are looking for a way to come closer to God and really feel like the gospel of Jesus Christ is the answer! YAY! We are going to see them again tonight, so just keep praying for them!

Things are going really well with Carolina, the new investigator from last week! She went to church againthis sunday and her daughter, Valeska, sang in the Primary Choir during Stake Conference. She even took the liberty of taking her brother and his son (who are our old investigators), so that's just great! She is progressing nicely and we're going to invite her to accept a baptismal date this week!

Hermana Rivadeneira de Columbia
This week was Stake Conference and that kind of blew my mind. This is my second Stake Conference in the stake of Alicahue, which made me realize that it will probably be my last. I love working in Macul! I love it with all my heart! The people here have become my family and the streets have become my home. I can't imagine serving somewhere else. But, I've still got time! I'm counting on having at least 9 months here :) I will make it count!

This week, we saw a lot of miracles. I don't have too much time, so here is my favorite: I called a family in our ward to confirm lunch for the next day. This is an older lady who takes care of her husband, who has Alzheimer's. They are PRECIOUS! Anyway, she hesitated in answering, then was like "Hermana, we don't have much to give you, but we will give you what we have." My heart was crushed and I told her not to worry about it, that we have food, but she insisted! So, we went the next day. When we got there, she hugged us tightly and said "You bring blessings!" She proceeded to tell us that she looked and looked for something to give to us, but she found very little. Then, her son (who lives like 2 hours away) stopped by for a surprise visit to leave them a turkey! She was overcome and thanked US for bringing the blessings of our loving Father in Heaven. I was touched by her example of faith. When we left the lunch, I started tearing up a little. My companion asked me what was happening and I asked her "Who are we that the living God blesses people for wanting to serve us?" Who are we? I know how little my part is and how insignificant I am in the grand scheme of this life. I know how little I am, yet to Him I am important. In that moment, I realized that we are nothing, but we are EVERYTHING to Him. We are everything to our loving Heavenly Father. He loves us. Not just the missionaries; He loves each and every one of His children. He is just WAITING to pour out blessings! I know that God is our loving Heavenly Father and that He lives. Have I ever mentioned how extremely grateful I am to have the privilegio (how to you say that in English?) of serving the Lord? I love being a missionary!

I love you guys oh so very much! Keep on keeping on. I know this Church is true and I know my Savior lives! I would NOT be here if I didn't know that was true. Live the gospel and I promise the blessings will be poured out :) I LOVE YOU ALL!!!!

Love,
Hermanita Aponster

P.S. Ella, Sam, Liv, Jac, and Abe: Keep sending me your beautiful drawings and letters! I LOVE GETTING THEM! Also, I got the package with the pictures and that made my whole month!!! I LOVE GETTING PICTURES! You all look great :) I especially loved the Plan of Happiness pictures :) This gospel is happiness.


No comments:

Post a Comment