Tuesday, December 9, 2014

It's 100 degrees and I'm loving it!


Dear Familia Aponte,

This is for Jacqueline!!
I don't have much time because we had to walk to the other Ciber to write! I'm glad you all liked the pictures :) I really don't have to much to say this week! It's 100 degrees and I'm loving it haha I haven't had a P-Day nap in 4 weeks, so it's safe to say that I might die by next Monday! Everyone is always asking me why I look so tired haha A bunch of rudes, I'm telling ya.

I really can't think of anything to write...we had like 40 lessons this week and apparently that number is unheard of by our district leader, so that's pretty good! We really are working super hard :) BUT, a lot of people are on vacation, so we've been finding a lot of new people to teach this week. Also good, but I would LOVE to find our investigadores that are progressing, too! We'll see what happens this week!

This my beautiful area, Macul, Chile
We had divisions and Hna Stokes (from the States and has like 4 months in the mission) came over to Macul and we had some SUPER great lessons that day! We put a baptismal date (with one of our investigators) after having an intense lesson about the Atonement. It was kind of awesome because both of us speak like broken Spanish, but the Spirit was so strong anyway! We went in to teach the Restoration, but (she) had a lot of questions about how much God could forgive. We shared Jacob 6:5 and she just started sobbing and told us about some things she had done in the past that she thought she couldn't be forgiven for. We told her that God is just WAITING to forgive our sins, but we have to accept the Atonement in our lives! In the end, she was just super excited to be baptized and start a new life free of her guilt. She is great :)

I had some super intense personal studies this week. Thank you to Mom and Pa for that help! I read a super beautiful talk by Elder Holland (go figure) called Missionary Work and the Atonement--everyone go read it! My favorite thing that he says in there is that we all have to pass through our own tiny Gethsemane and Calvary in this life. How could we expect this life to be easy when it was never easy for our Savior, the only perfect person to ever live? Favorite quote from that: "When you struggle, when you are rejected, when you are spit upon and cast out, you are standing with the best life this world has ever known...you have reason to stand tall and be grateful that the Son of the Living God knows your sorrows and afflictions." The very last part could be a little incorrect, but that's pretty much it! I LOVE THAT. Never in my life have I felt the Savior's presence like I do on my mission. He is literally walking with us every step of the way. Always find comfort in that! Heavenly Father is cheering for you and the Savior of the World is pulling WITH you. If we put our trust in Him, we can't fail :)

This is like my 1,000th bloody nose!!
I'm especially thankful for my beautiful family this week! You guys are amazing and I can't thank you enough for your constant support!! We have Zone Conference this week, so I'm sure next week's email will be more legitimate. I'm sorry this one is so lame!! But, I LOVE YOU GUYS and I MISS YOU ALL!!!!!!

I LOVE YOU GUYS!!! SO MUCH. I don't think I will ever be able to tell you that enough times. I will also never be able to thank you enough for EVERYTHING! I would not be who I am today without you both Mom and Pa. I LOVE YOU, I LOVE YOU, I LOVE YOU! 

Love,

Hermana Nomi Aponte

No comments:

Post a Comment