Wednesday, December 24, 2014

I can't wait...

Holita, my querida familia,

Les extraño y les amo MUCHISIMO!! I miss you guys and love you, A LOT!! I hope everyone is doing just beautifully this glorious Christmas season! We're so lucky to have this time to remember our Savior, Jesus Christ and be together as a family. Speaking of which, I will SEE you guys on Skype on Thursday at 6pm my time, so look forward to that! I only get 45 min, so if you want to write down what you want to say, that's fine with me :)

This week was good! We found Catharine and Lukas and everything is great with them! Remember how we thought they never wanted to talk to us again? It turns out they were just super busy. Catharine said those 4 weeks we didn't see her were filled of darkness and she just really doesn't want to go back there, so we have 3 lessons with her this week and she has a baptismal date for 4 de Enero. Pray for her and Lukas! She really is a great lady :) Also, when we asked Lukas if we could put a baptismal date with him, he threw his head back and was like "Yes, PLEASE!" That kid is golden.

We had a devotional for Christmas todayand that was just great! My zone sang Angels we Have Heard on High in Spanish, English, and Portuguese, so that was pretty cool! President and Hermana Wright and their son (who is visiting from the States) talked to us and it was beautiful. Hna Wright and her son talked about the importance of the temple and our temple covenants. We have to keep participating in the temple ordinances because it's through that, that we can access the power of the Atonement in our lives. The Savior's invitation in ALWAYS "Venid a mi" or "Come unto me." This about all the pictures of the Savior you've seen. I'm sure you can think of more than one where His arms are extended in that invitation. Go to Him. If you've made temple covenants, keep going to the temple to "come unto Him." If you've made baptismal covenants, He is waiting with open arms to forgive you and welcome you every Sunday through the Sacrament. His arms are open and the invitation is there. We need to accept it! It is only through that acceptance that we find realy happiness in this life and in eternity.

President Wright talked about the condescension of Jesus Christ. I don't know about you guys, but when the angel asks Nephi about that in 1 Nephi 11:16, I never really knew what he was talking about! But think about it for a second. The angel is asking Nephi what he understands about Jesus Christ coming to the earth. Think about the fact the Jesus Christ was born into this earth.

Before this life, He was a God. He was Jehovah, the Creator, the Great I Am. He had titles and glory long before He was born. He left all His titles and power and glory to be born, so that He could die and ressurrect for US. The Great Creator of the universe--a GOD--CHOSE to come to be born a helpless baby in a stable. He CHOSE to be born into a sin-filled world, so that He could redeem us. He didn think twice about leaving behind His titles and power and glory. In fact, He did it easily and happily, all the while saying "Father the glory be Thine." 

I love D & C 122:7-8. I have found a lot of comfort in these scriptures lately. I find hope in the fact that the Savior of the world knows exactly what we are going through all the time. I find strength in putting my faith and trust in Him. I know that He lives and I find no greater joy than being able to testify of that everyday.

Jesus Christ LIVES and He is your Savior. He is my Savior. He loves us and He is always waiting with open arms; not just to forgive our sins, but do give us peace and hope and love every step of this journey. 

I LOVE YOU GUYS! I can't wait to see your beautiful faces on Thursday! AT 6PM!! Don't forget. Also, yes, Mama, I got the other package! I didn't open it, so you should be proud of me :) 

Little kids, I only didn't answer you e-mails because I'll talk to you guys on Christmas! I LOVE YOU ALL :)

Muchos besos and a whole lot of love,

Nomi

No comments:

Post a Comment