Monday, November 3, 2014

IT IS EVERYTHING!

The gospel of Jesus Christ (when we live it) can change everything. I would really like you to please read the talk "His Grace is Sufficient" by Brad Wilcox…I LOVE THIS TALK!!! Here's why:

The longer I have been on the mission, the more people I teach, the more righteous I become, the more I live the gospel and the more I actually live like the Savior did, but the further I get from my goal of becoming like Him. Does that make sense? The more I follow the example of the Savior every day, the more I realize that I am seriously a lost cause; the more I realize that I will NEVER be even CLOSE to being worthy of returning to the presence of our Father in Heaven. That was a hard lesson for me to learn...I'm still learning more, every day.

Here's the beauty: the Atonement of Jesus Christ. I can't tell you how important it is that we study and come to understand the Atonement. IT IS EVERYTHING. It is not just to repent. That would be ridiculous because then how the heck would we get pass all the crappy times?!

Jesus Christ literally suffered for EVERYTHING. I give you my testimony that He had a moment in His suffering when He suffered for YOU. He had a moment where He thought only about YOU and felt only for YOU. Not just for your sins; He felt the pain, whether it be physical, emotional, or spiritual; He felt the sorrow and the temptations; He felt the loneliness and the guilt; He felt it all. Because of He had a moment for YOU (and a moment for each of us), He knows EXACTLY how to help YOU through everything. I testify of that.

Jesus Christ, your older brother and Savior--the Son of the living God--is there for you now and in every moment of your life. He is there in every situation and circumstance, no matter what. He is there to heal YOU, to forgive YOU, lift you up, and to help you keep going.

Look to Him in it all. Put your trust in Him through it all. I don't care what comes your way, it doesn't matter! It doesn't matter what trial or what mistake, He is there and He will help you carry your load. He is not waiting for the finish line to help you, He is there running with you every step of the way!

Look to Him to help you survive and surpass the temptations and affairs of this world. He is there and He is waiting. His arms are ALWAYS open, you just need to come to Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment