Monday, October 13, 2014

The mission is a party!!!

Dearest Familia,
I hope everyone is doing great!!!! It sounds like it, so that makes me VERY HAPPY!!!!

So, not a whole bunch to report this week! Only that it was the most beautiful week of our lives haha Seriously, a very successful week and a lot to thank Heavenly Father for :)

We met the mission "Standard of Excellence" for lessons with members present! 10, which is really hard, OK?! I know it doesn't sound like it, but a lot of work goes into that! It's great because a lesson with a member is another testimony born, another experience shared, and a friend for investigators. That's invaluable! Anyway, now we're teaching the District class this week about how to get more lessons with members...not too excited for that one...

Also, Ketty, Elsa, and Antonella have chosen baptismal dates. It's more of a goal to work towards and definitely not 100% solid, but keep them in your prayers! They are AMAZING!!!

We found this Haitian family that we are going to start teaching this week. It's kind of tricky because the are learning Spanish, so don't understand too much...but, they're great, so we'll see how it goes!!

I don't know if there is anything really specific that you guys want to hear! This aren't too exciting, so sorry about that! Honestly, the Spanish is still a struggle, but everyone says it will come! It really is a beautiful language! I don't know why English is such a hideous language...really it doesn't even make that much sense, either! So, Mama and Pa, you guys are SUPER impressive for speaking it so well. Way to go :)

On Nov. 10 Elder Nelson is coming, so that'll be SAWEEEEET!!!! There is a ring mark in one of the pulpits here from the last year when Elder Holland came haha isn't that awesome?! Like, he smacked the pulpit and left a ring mark. I love that man! 

Also, I'm sorry I don't send good, serious pictures! I'll take one this week haha It's just hard because I've literally neevr had so much fun in my entire life! The mission is a party, what can I say? Yeah, we wake up at 7:30 and go to bed at 11:30 after working our butts off all day and I've never experienced such emotionally draining ups and downs, but it's A PARTY!!! I'm so happy to be here serving these people! If I'm being honest, they often teach me more than I teach them. I LOVE this sector and the people and our ward and Hna. Allred and this mission! Also, I LOVE YOU GUYS!!! There's just a lot of love haha

Seriously, you guys are the best! Also,today is my CUMPLEMES!! Which jsut means that I have 2 months in the mission! Man, time FLIES.

Here's to the AMAZING 16 months to come :)

I LOVE YOU!!!

Love,
Nahiomi aka Hna. Aponte

No comments:

Post a Comment