Monday, September 8, 2014

Oh, there have been 2 earthquakes!

Hola!!
I feel like that is still the extent of my Spanish, but I promise it will get better! I'm writing this one first so I can actually tell you guys about some of the stuff happening over here! So, if I don't send one of you a personal email, I'll get you next week :)

 Ok, sooooo a couple of INVESTIGADORES. We are teaching Ketty who is a seriously cool lady. All she wants is to do what Heavenly Father wants her to do, including getting married to Carlos, then baptized! We're helping her with her smoking addiction and things are going pretty well :)

There's also Irma (mother) y Alicia (daughter with 4...kids haha). Irma has been to church so many times that people are always asking if she's a member...sadly, no. Not yet, anyway :) She has some hesitations and is meeting with Presidente Wright this week! That'll be awesome because you can't talk to that man and not come out of it changed forever. He is awesome! Alicia wants nothing more than to be baptized! BUT, she has only been to church 1 times, so that can't exactly happen yet. It's a work in progress. This is a seriously beautiful family! Except Irma insist on calling us by our first names...awkward haha But, we are taking them to temple square for a tour on Saturday!! Pray that we can figure out sus necesidades.

Antonella is a 10 year old girl who is die-hard Catholic, but her mom, Camilla, is menos activo. It's cool to talk to a little girl with so much conviction haha We asked her to p

ray about being baptized, so we'll see how that went! She's hilarious :)

Fun stuff...everything is fun! We have great days and also some really lame days where absolutely nothing goes right, but it's all OK. We had divisions (my first time) and that was mission-changing. So we switch companions for 24 hours and go live and teach in another sector. I went to Nunoa (the richer area) and HOLY COW. I learned a ton from this other Hermana. When Hermana Allred and I reunited we were both just like "Holy slap in the face. We've gotta change some things and step up." We had both been wondering why we weren't stressed, but after those divisions the stress was there. It was EXTREMELY humbling to see the way this other companionship works and loves the people. I mean, Hermana Allred and I are kipping good missionaries (at least, we're trying to be) but we can always be better. The Lord just doesn't need missionaries who are content to stay where they are--progress should be constant!

We flew kites with the other Hermana's iWE CAN TAKE NAPS ON P-DAY!!!! I can't express my excitement when I found that out. It was like I had been living in darkness and was shown the light. I love naps with a passion haha So, we nap on P-days :)
I feel like I should tell you guys this story...we were eating lunch at a member's house, right? We're leaving and she's unlocking the gate (everyone has gates and fences around their houses) and her like 5 Chihuahua´s are going CRAZY. Then, this little Chihuaha starts barking at my feet and I'm trying to step away, but it ATTACKED! Like, it was biting my leg and hanging on as I tried to shake it off haha So there I am, shaking my leg like crazy to get rid of this crazy Chihuaha and avoid disease, and Hna. Allred is just crying...from laughing. haha I'm a real live missionary now that I've been attacked by a dog! I'm OK, don't stress yourselves ;)

n our Zone today and that was a party! Honestly, I'm not sure I have any kind of future in professional kite-flying though. Also,

That's really all that is happening over here! Oh, there have been 2 earthquakes! Hna. Allred and I slept through one, so we didn't even know about it until the next day haha the other one happened while I was in el CMM and was like a 6.6 or something! The only issue was that I was in the basement (so you can't really feel it) and I was also exhausted. So when everything was shaking I just assumed it was construction work haha Not too exciting!

 I love you guys SO MUCH!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment